The above symbol identifies that a particular dealership participates in the Manitoba Motor Dealers Association's Sales Certification Program (SCP) and ensures its sales consultants are certified under this program.
Program Material Reviewed by:
Manitoba Public Insurance
Manitoba Consumer Protection Office
A certified sales consultant will ensure your purchase of a new car or truck is a professional, pleasant experience, as it should be.
When you work with a member of the SCP, you know your salesperson has:
- completed training in business ethics and the laws that govern the sale of motor vehicles.
- passed a rigorous examination covering ethics and law, consumer satisfaction and loyalty, and professional selling practices.
- completed current manufacturer product training.
- most importantly, has committed to uphold a strict Code of Conduct, which sets minimum standards that salespeople must meet and prohibits behaviour that is unacceptable.
The Code of Conduct states that your salesperson:
- will treat you with courtesy and respect; you will not be discriminated against or prejudged on any basis.
- is knowledgeable about provincial and federal laws governing the sale of motor vehicles.
- will be honest and truthful when working with you.
- will accurately and fairly represent the vehicle, its capabilities and condition.
- is knowledgeable about the vehicles he or she represents and will apply that knowledge to meet your transportation needs.
- will provide you with a clear and thorough explanation of the purchase process.
- will act in a professional manner.
- will act in accordance with applicable laws and accepted ethical practices.
By working with a Sales Certified Professional you will have:
- the pleasure of being treated professionally and ethically throughout the entire buying process.
- a knowledgeable advisor who will guide you through the purchase process.
- the assurance of up-to-date, accurate product information.
- the confidence in knowing that a certified sales professional is interested in helping you buy the vehicle that best meets your transportation needs, rather than in selling you the most expensive car or truck.